I would like to strongly recomend the Certified Calico Operator: Level 1 course for everyone interested in Kubernetes networking.
This free and self-paced course will arm you with the knowledge you need to understand how Kubernetes networking works, how to configure and manage a Calico network, and how to secure your cluster following today’s best practices, with the confidence you need to run mission critical workloads in production.
What the Course Covers
- Introduction to Kubernetes Networking
- Installing Calico
- Everything you need to know about Network Policy, including:
- Introduction to Network Policy
- Best Practices for Network Policy
- Managing Trust Across Teams
- Network Policy for Hosts and NodePorts
- Everything you need to know about network connectivity, including:
- Pod Connectivity Fundamentals
- Calico’s Next Generation eBPF Dataplane
- Encrypting Data in Transit
- Fun with IP Address Management
- Peering with BGP
- Everything you need to know about Kubernetes Services, including:
- Introduction to Kubernetes Services
- Understanding Kube-Proxy Service Handling
- Understanding Calico Native Service Handling
- Advertising Services
At the end of the course, you can earn a certificate by passing a final exam.