I would like to strongly recomend the Certified Calico Operator: eBPF course for everyone interested in eBPF networking.
The new CCO-L2-EBPF (Certified Calico Operator: eBPF) course specifically addresses the strengths of eBPF and when it is, or is not, the right choice. It will also help you see how easy it is to deploy the Calico eBPF data plane if you have made the choice that it is right for you and your cluster.
This is a level 2 course, which means that you should probably complete the existing level 1 course first, unless you’re very familiar with Calico and Kubernetes already.
What the Course Covers
- Week 1
- Get Started with eBPF
- Lab Setup
- Writing an eBPF program
- Writing a Kernel Probe for Tracing
- Understanding the Tools
- eBPF in Kubernetes
- Week 2
- GCP Lab Setup
- Deploying Calico with eBPF on Upstream Kubernetes
- Key Benefits of the Calico eBPF Data Plane
- Week 3
- Deploying Calico with eBPF on OpenShift
- Understanding Calico eBPF and CNI Choice
- Deploying a Rancher RKE Cluster with eBPF, and connecting to a Rancher Server
- Week 4
- Calico eBPF and WireGuard
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting the Calico eBPF Data Plane
- Advanced Topics
At the end of the course, you can earn a certificate by passing a final exam.